Hotel Review: Donald Paul Apartelle (Clark)

By kweneeeta - 2:49 PM

I arrived to Clark from Bangkok at about 7:30pm. The initial plan was to get a bus to Manila but the flight was re-scheduled some time later and so I arrived a little later giving me no choice but to stay overnight in Clark. It was really my first time in Clark, Pampanga and so I was not familiar with the place.

From the airport, there would be no other choice but to take a fixed rate taxi. The Philitranco shuttle bus which operates Trinoma-DMIA-Trinoma is available only until 3pm. If you wish to take jeeps then you would have to walk all the way to the main gate which, mind you, is quite far and very inconvenient especially if you have luggage to take care of.


Having no choice, I took a cab to city proper and it cost us PHP500.00. Very expensive, yeah, I know, considering how short of a ride it is. But hey, I didn’t have any option left. I had luggage plus it was already very dark, and I don’t know the place.

I really didn’t know where to stay so I allowed the taxi driver to take me somewhere cheap and alas! He brought me to Donald Paul Apartelle.


Image
 

I paid PHP1,500.00 for double room–it was the only room available at that time. It was pricey, yeah, but it was worth it. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated. It had a couch, plasma TV, cable, dining table, dresser, personal ref, electric kettle. It seemed more of a serviced apartment than of a hostel/guesthouse.

Image
Image
 

They also had free stuffs like about 6 coffees, complimentary water, free toiletries which included shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, shaving cream, shave, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, and a sewing kit!

Image
 

The toilet was not a turn off at all. It was very clean and complete with everything–hot/cold shower, free towels, tissue, toiletries, and all.

Image
Image
 

The hotel also had a dining hall where you can have your meals. The biggest plus was that they have an indoor pool. Just amazing! I loved it.

Image

Here is their price list: (as of October 2013)
Image

MY THOUGHTS: The apartelle was a bit pricey. However, I think that it can be overlooked since the place was really nice. It was very clean, quiet, and the staff was overly friendly. But if you’re staying for a long time, look for something else or accommodation itself would cost you much. Overall, this one’s a good place to stay, considering it’s nearness to the city central, accessibility, and overall features of the apartelle. But I can’t stay I’d stay here if I visit Clark again. As I said, it’s pricey for a budget traveler like me.

For bookings, check this link!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments