To the Sunny Island: Singapura Day 1

By kweneeeta - 1:32 PM

I'm not a city person. I don't appreciate the bustling city streets and towering buildings. This is mainly the reason why I wasn't looking forward to my Singapore trip. It was more of a transit--but for 2 days. But in my very short stay in this small but progressive country, I came to prove myself wrong. Singapore is a good tourist destination. There are so many things to do--and you won't be able to do everything in as short as two days.




I booked my Manila-Singapore flight with Cebu Pacific. My flight from Tacloban arrived very early so I was waiting in the international flights check-in counter as early as 7:00 am--the counters open at 10:30 am. *Sigh* We left Manila at 1:40 pm but due to some delays, we were able to depart at almost 3:00 pm. My arrival in SG which was supposed to be 5:00 pm, was moved to 7:00 pm.

After going through immigration, getting my luggages, and money exchange, I am now ready to explore Singapore. I was supposed to stay with a Singaporean friend so I needed a way to contact her, And so I bought a prepaid sim card for 18SGD which gives me 1GB of mobile internet consumable within a week since the first connection. Not a bad deal.


Though I've made extensive research about the country I'm visiting, I made it a habit to visit the tourist information at the airport to get maps--lots of maps--and to check possible tourist discounts I could get. *wink*

My friend met me at the airport and took me somewhere to eat. I can't remember where we ate exactly. The least I could remember was that it was a chicken house. Once we got full, we immediately went home. Why? Simply because tomorrow will be a very long day for us. I've got a list of the places I want to go to and I really want to check everything on my list--thus, a very long and tiring day.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments