Ngong Ping Village, HK

By kweneeeta - 4:44 PM


So this is a very late post of my visit to Ngong Ping Village back on my Hongkong-Macau trip last September 2013. I know it's almost a year since the trip but it's only today that I got to check the photos I took. Anyways, here it is.

My friends and I went to Hongkong and Macau for vacation. Unfortunately, 2 of my friends only had a 4-day work off making it impossible for them to join us in our Ngong Ping experience. From Mirador Mansion where we rented a room, we took the MTR to Tung Chung. Then we took the cable car to the village. There are other ways to reach Ngong Ping--by bus, packaged tour, private car. You can check out those other options on Ngong Ping 360's official website.

HOW WE GOT THERE. We took the MTR (Tung Chung line) and got off at the last station. Upon exit of the station, you'll see a department store. Just walk past it; up ahead you'd see the Ngong Ping 360 cable call terminal. It's so easy to spot.
You can also take a bus to and from the cable car terminal. Just look for the bus terminal.
Without any hassle, we were able to spot the cable car terminal. Actually, it is very easy to locate. Just look for a long queue, and that's it! Good thing we purchased out ticket at our guesthouse prior coming to the terminal. We didn't have to fall in line to get our tickets. It was like we drove on the express way. Lucky us!

a very long line at the cable car terminal
 There are two kinds of cable cars you can ride. A regular one or a glass-floor one. Me, being a fan of safety and not-so-expensive tickets, chose to ride the regular one.

Upon embarkation, a staff will take a photo of you (and whoever you are with). You can buy (or view) these photos at the other end of the ride.
Oh yes! I really did keep my smile throughout the ride. First-timer here!

The view from the top was, spell it with me, A_W_E_S_O_M_E. You can see the city, the waters, the airport, the mountains, and all there is to see. you can even see the people trekking on the mountains...all though very small, of course.

view from the top

Upon disembarkation, you will e lead to the exit where you'd find yourself in a souvenir shop. I didn't have the budget for souvenirs so I had to pass and immediately see the village.

I like having maps. I feel safe when I have a map on my hand. I took a photo of this map upon exit of the souvenir shop.
BUT, there really is no worry. The village is quite small PLUS you have these little signs to guide you along the way.
The place was beautiful, everywhere picturesque. Photo ops everywhere. Also, many shops, restaurants, snack bars are situated in the are. 


I took more than 10 shots in this spot alone! Really beautiful view.
restaurants everywhere
lots of tourists come to this place
We walked past the shops until we reached a Chinese-styled arc (sorry, I don't know how it's called; had to improvise) which I supposed was the entry to the serene temples.

located at the entrance of the temple's plaza
I have to stop for a photo op =)

And in front of me was a lot of steps. I got tired just looking at all the steps I had to make. I took a couple of stops (actually, a LOT of stops) before I reached the top. I circled the Buddha and discovered, that those who took the packaged tour need not climb up. Their tour buses will take them all the way up to Buddha. There's actually a small road and parking space for all these buses at the right side of Buddha.

you have to climb your way up
After a very, and I mean VERY, long rest at Buddha's feet, I got a good look at the village from the top.




There's also a temple where you can say your prayers. We just passed by these temples--we didn't know how to do those incense-thing. Better leave than disturb all the other people.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments