Brunei Darusallam: Jame'Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque

By kweneeeta - 7:56 PM


Considered as one of the grandest monuments to Islam in the whole region, the magnificent Jame' Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque is the brainchild of His Majesty the Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah and Yang Dipertuan Negara Brunei Darussalam. (source: http://my-brunei-darussalam.blogspot.com/2008/02/jame-asr-hassanil-bolkiah-mosque.html)


The first time I laid my eyes on it, my jaw literally dropped. It was just so huge, so clean, so grand! No, I'm not a Muslim, but I appreciated the beauty and grandeur of the holy place. I can't imagine what they do to maintain its majestic appearance.

I wasn't allowed to set foot inside the mosque (since I'm not a Muslim). However, looking at it from the outside is more than enough for me to be able to say that this, indeed, is a great mosque. Even from the outside, you can say that it has intricate design on the inside, including the walls, the window carvings, the tile floor, and many others.

I heard from a friend that they have a similar mosque in Mindanao (which I have yet to see). The construction of the great mosque was also funded by Sultan Bolkiah; hence, the mosque was named after him.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments