Back to the Sunny Island: First Day Out!

By kweneeeta - 6:53 PM

I never thought that I would choose to go back to Singapore and spend my week-long vacation there. I used to think that Singapore is just a bustling city filled with towering buildings and busy people—I was wrong. There is definitely so many fun (and free!) things to enjoy while in Singapore.

Finally. A good look at the Marina.

Singapore's icon. The Merlion.

So here I am, on my way back to the sunny island, ready to explore and see more of it. This time, I took my brother with me. I figured that with the kind of touristy things I’m ready to do in SG, might as well bring someone who can take photos of me (haha!).

4:30am. I woke up to the sound of my alarm. There’s really nothing much to prepare since I have been packing and repacking a week before our flight. That’s how prepared and organized I can be.  I arrived at the airport at 6:45am. No delay on my domestic flight. I arrived in Manila Terminal 4 at 10am.

10:00am. It took quite a long while to get our bags—and we were anxious of the time. Our flight leaves at 1:30pm and we still have to transfer to Terminal 3. Until I saw a bright light (hehe!). There it is. A free terminal transfer service for all passengers with connecting flights. Now, you don’t have to go out of the terminal, take a cab, be stuck in traffic, and pray that you don’t miss your flight.

10:30am. Long queues in the check-in counter. What a nightmare!

12:30pm. We just got through the immigration and gearing up for the flight. The flight was quite delayed though. We left Manila at 2:00pm.

6:30pm. Welcome to Singapore! We’ve got our bags, changed currencies, bought EZ-Link Cards, waiting for the train. If it’s your first time to visit SG, I suggest you get a Singapore Tourist Pass. It’s cheaper, especially if you plan to hop-on, hop-off the train or bus. You’ll get to save a little bit more. Maximum unlimited use is 3 days, but you can top it off and use it a regular EZ-link card. Plus, you’d get a 10SGD refund when you surrender your STP card. Good deal!

The towering buildings of SG. A view from the Jubilee Bridge.

8:00pm. We arrived at Bunc Hostel. The hostel as really nice plus, it’s easy to locate. We checked in, rest a little, and then went out to have dinner. We were already very hungry that we decided to enter the first restaurant that we saw—it was serving Indian food. Dinner was a struggle. I didn’t know what to order. They had pictures of the menu, but I was doubtful. We ended up ordering a very spicy goreng ayam and garlic chicken.


Well, hello there! We meet again.

9:00pm. We were already at the esplanade waiting for the 9:30 pm Wonderfull Show. Last time I was in SG, it was very hazy. I wasn’t even able to see the Marina bay Sands. We took a lot of pictures with the picturesque view of the Marina and a couple of poses with the Merlion. We went back to the hostel at 10:30pm.

Wonderfull Lights and Sounds Show.

Here is a summation of today's itinerary:

Now, here is a list expenses for your planning reference:






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments